Business Development Account Manager
Posted: 3 months ago
- Closing Date: 10 May 2019
- Location: Cambridge/London
- Position: Full-time
- Salary: £35 - £40k + Bonus
Somersault is one of the world’s leading video and digital content agencies from one of the world’s most innovative cities. We’re an ambitious multi- award winning business, a trusted partner to a group of world class clients and a team that’s on a mission to build on the considerable success it’s already achieved.
As Somersault’s Business Development Account Manager, you will be part of the team that has responsibility for the agency’s commercial success and are responsible for seeking out and developing new business, with a consultative approach to selling. It is a role with considerable responsibility and success of the individual in this role is directly linked to the overall success of the agency.
You should be commercially astute and have excellent communication skills, with a proven record in generating significant revenues. Somersault is a dynamic and fast-moving agency; the ideal fit would be a candidate who is ambitious and keen to have genuine influence – helping to shape the growth of the agency’s future.
As Somersault’s Business Development Account Manager, you must also demonstrate a strong understanding of marketing and communications principles, and be confident and persuasive in using this knowledge to identify and uncover client needs and requirements. You’ll enjoy working in a creative environment, working with clients that bring challenging and wide ranging briefs, and bringing teams together to deliver world class work.
Business Development Account Managers must be able to sell our full portfolio of strategy, production and distribution services and of course, possess a strong knowledge of how video is used as a tool for all types of communications. Most importantly you must combine an inquisitive and determined mind-set with highly developed relationship development and questioning skills to uncover and secure opportunities and projects.
Our head office is based in Cambridge but as many of our clients and prospective clients are based in London, the successful candidate will need to split their time between Cambridge and London.
To be a successful Business Development Account Manager at Somersault you will need to possess the following skills;
- Minimum 3-5 years of new business experience within a B2B or large corporate environment, particularly dealing with senior level contacts.
- Commercially astute with a confident business development mind-set with skills to identify and pursue new project opportunities.
- Experience in an agency or creative / digital business would be advantageous.
- Experience of how to identify opportunities and build out your level of influence within large and complex organisations.
- Able to prove tangible results and examples of where you’ve sourced and won new lucrative clients.
- An up to date and strong understanding of the fundamental principles of modern marketing, and the ability to conduct exploratory meetings with clients to establish business challenges and needs.
- Clear, calm and confident in pressured situations. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ambitious and focused, yet able to see the bigger ‘team’ and ‘agency’ picture.
- Experience of developing and presenting persuasive sales proposals.
- Personal behaviours and attitude: Dynamic, innovative and driven by success in all measures. Motivated to succeed and delight clients and colleagues. Collaborative and respectful colleague.
We think we’re a pretty special team to be part of and we have high standards in the work we do and what we expect of each other. We unashamedly look to hire A players; People that are the highest performers in their peer group, individuals that understand what it takes to be part of a high performing team, not a just be another person in another department. If that sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you.
As a recent Best Employers award winner, this agency places people at the heart of what they do and in return for your enthusiasm, commitment and expertise, they offer a tailored mentoring and development plan, a competitive package and a range of flexible benefits.
Salary of £35 - £40k + Bonus
If you are interested in joining Team Somersault please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.comApply